Monday, October 15, 2012

Webroot Hits a Homerun With ‘SecureAnywhere 2013’


In the time of caution and concern the users of computers can become confused by the various antivirus programs.  I make it part of my job to check out programs and evaluate them against what is currently available and what needs to implemented.

Webroot has created a new  tool to help fight against those who would hijack our information. Webroot’s antivirus software SecureAnywhere 2013 steps up to the plate with new features and functions that users need in our daily travels on the Internet, especially due to cybercrime and mobile devices.

SecureAnywhere 2013 has high speed antivirus scanning and perhaps the best malware detection tools that I have tested. I was provided with a demonstration of their tools last week during a call with the product manager and one of the engineers. In a live example I was shown that this software can detect and warn you of a number of web login scams. It empowers the everyday user and allows them to  link onto the Internet  safer than ever before.

For years I have told people to be careful of online login scams and the threat of malware. Webroot’s SecureAnywhere 2013 is a reasonably priced anti-virus tool that allows the user to trust this new antivirus program and focus on their project or task. I never minimize healthy distrust of what are clear scams but at least now I don’t need to worry when I login online to my bank because this tool will tell me if it is the correct site or not. Keyloggers and scam sites can’t penetrate this software so I feel safe in allowing my family to be online without concern. One additional feature that I love about this product is the speed of the antivirus scanning. Having used a number of products before that could take up to an hour to complete a scan, imagine my surprise to see a scan done in just minutes. I am talking about single digit minutes.
The following was taken from the press release for this product:
In the first review since its 2013 product release, Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus again garnered the PC Magazine Editors’ Choice Award. In his review, PC Magazine Lead Security Analyst Neil Rubenking wrote, “Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus 2013 gives you speedy scanning and excellent malware blocking in a ridiculously small package. Webroot remains an Editors' Choice for antivirus protection.

This software is a positive step forward and should be part of  a computer user’s arsenal of tools to protect and defend against the threats of online identity theft.

No comments:

Post a Comment